Red Lady Papaya Seedlings Pre-Order
Red Lady Papaya is the Non-GMO papaya variety developed by Known You. In Hong Kong, Papaya should be transplanted between March to May. The soonest harvest will be in August if you transplanted in March!
Since cultivation of seedlings takes more than 2 months, please fill in this form to help us with seed sow. Seedlings will be provided at first come first serve basis.
Pre-Ordering Red Lady Papaya
Please fill in this form before 14 February
【Price】9cm pot / $40
【First Round Pickup】9 March (Sat 1pm - 3pm), 11-15 March
If order exists the amount we have at the moment, we will keep your order for April pickup under your request.
【Second Round Pickup】13 April (Sat 1pm - 3pm), 15-19 April
Field Management for Red Lady Papaya
- Temperature for optimum growth is 22-26°C, not sensitive to daylength, but loves lots of sunlight and warmth
- First 6 months is the early stage of field management. Fertilise the plant with sufficient nitrogen. In warmer weather, Red Lady Papaya will bloom and start fruiting in 4-5 months from transplant
- After 6 months, or when the plant starts to bloom, fertilise with sufficient potassium. Consider adding fertiliser every 20-30 days, and using leaf fertiliser in between
- Papaya is a shallow-rooted plant that enjoys well-drained soil, but avoid dryness
- During typhoon season, consider holding pole for wind prevention
- Red Lady is a breed of ringspots-virus-resistant, but look out for red spiders. In rainy season, look out for snails and ants
Harvesting Red Lady Papaya
- Bearing 35-50 fruits each plant
- Long-shape bisexual fruits. Weight: 1.3-2 kg, 3 kg during high yield season
- Red-orange flesh during optimum growth season (pale red during low temperature season)
- Harvest when there are 3-4 yellow line on fruit skin, or when fruit skin turns all yellow. Brix: 13%. Green papaya can be harvested when fruit is plump